Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, March 11, 2010

Info Post
Ok so this whole "posse" thing is fascinating to me. Looks like they've come to DC, ropes and six guns a-ready. And when they find those dirty...... Oh wait! Look! There's a doctor! Let's see what he thinks!



Hmm. Maybe the doctors know what they are talking about. I mean, he seems pretty nice with his corn fed mug and white lab coat, that he probably wore all the way from Michigan. He's just concerned about the health of his patients and his fellow man. Why are we so against all this Obama Care? Certainly it's on the level. No?

So I did a little google search on Mr. Southwell, since he was so kind to give his name and location...

And...

BAM!

Tyler Southwell, MD, Wayne State University



My name is Tyler, I'm originally from a small town (Lowell) in West Michigan. I went to Hope College for my undergrad and to Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit. Originally my interests in surgery lead me to Urology at the University of Toledo where I finished six months of Urology and six months of General Surgery. I discovered surgery wasn’t my bag, and I faced the difficult situation of needing to change residencies. Before interest in surgery lead me to Toledo, my ultimate goal was to be a classic village generalist by day, and a community organizer and activist by night. While at Wayne I discovered a passion for advocacy for the underserved, leadership, and local and national policy affecting medical education and health care. Family Medicine at UM was an obvious choice: the program is strong, the institution as a whole offers enormous opportunities, and the faculty are dedicated and well-positioned to help you achieve your goals. I have interests in local and national advocacy, health policy, international medicine, alternative medicine, and performing as many procedures as possible including colonoscopy. And by the way, it turns out that Ann Arbor is a nice place to live too.

WHAT?!?!?! A community organizer? Do they still make those?

He almost had me! Damn you Google!

This posse thing is going to be great! Can't you feel it?

Yours,

Ali

0 comments:

Post a Comment